A2 Music Video

AUDIENCE - why and how do you consume music?

How do you consume music?
When? do you have a daily music routine? Is some music more suitable at a certain time of day than another?

Where? clubs, bedroom, gigs, car?

Who with? do you share your music or is it an individual experience?

How? radio, computer, ipod, tv, live, dancing, homework, getting ready ie doing other things - background wallpaper

Why? What are the pleasures associated with music consumption? What does it offer the audience and what needs does it gratify?

USES AND GRATIFICATIONS THEORY
Personal Identification - when I used to get angry with my parents I used to blast songs that would express how I feel and that would make me feel better
Information - sometimes you learn something from a song? Oliver Cromwell by Monty Python taught me some history.
Entertainment - Madonna and her dance moves
Social Interaction - songs my friends and I would always request  and dance to when we went out

escapism

create mood - romance, melancholy, upbeat

cheer you up

get you in the mood to go out

add atmosphere to a gathering

help you sleep

distraction

companionship - driving, travelling